Bioforsk, Soil and Environment
Frederik A. Dahls vei 20,
1432 Ås, NORWAY
6.3 Environmental technologies, Topic ENV.2007.3.1.2.2, Development of technologies and tools for soil contamination assessment and site characterisation, towards sustainable remediation.
- European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly 2012, Vienna, Austria, 22 - 27 April
- NovCare 2011, Novel Methods for Subsurface Characterization and Monitoring: From Theory to PracticeNovCare. Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA, May 9-11, 2011. www.novcare.org
- European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly 2011, Vienna, Austria, 03 - 08 April 2011. Session: New approaches for low-invasive site characterization towards sustainable remediation jointly organised session between SoilCAM and ModelPROBE, lead convenener project coordinator Helen K. French
- American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, 13-17 December 2010, San Francisco, California, USA
- ConSoil International conference on soil-water system 22-24 September 2010, Salzburg, Austria.
- Near Surface 2010 - the 16th European Meeting of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics, Zurich 6 - 8 September 2010.
Models used in the SoilCAM project
- SUTRA2D-3D: model for saturated-unsaturated, variable-density ground-water flow with solute or energy transport
- ArgusOne: Graphical user interface for SUTRA
- USGS software
- ORCHESTRA: A tool for modelling chemical and multidimensional transport processes in soil
SGems: Geostatistical software
Relevant EU projects
- iSOIL: Interactions between soil related sciences - Linking geophysics, soil science and digital soil mapping
- ModelPROBE: model driven soil probing, site assessment and evaluation
- DIGISOIL: an integrated system of data collection technologies for mapping soil properties
- EURODEMO: European Co-ordination Action for Demonstration of Efficient Soil and Groundwater Remedation
- IsoSOIL: Contaminant-specific isotope analyses as sharp environmental-forensics tools for site characterisation
- AQUAREHAB: Development of rehabilitation technologies for multipressured degraded waters and the integration of their impact in river basin management
- UPSOIL: Sustainable Soil Upgrading by Developing Cost-effective, Biogeochemical Remediation Approaches
Relevant European networks and organisations
- www.soiltechnologyresearch.eu: The cluster Soil Technology Research is a coalition of research projects, funded by the European Commission.
- The European Soil Portal: The Joint Research Centre- European commision
- EUGRIS - European Ground Water and Contaminated Land Remediation Information System
- NICOLE - Network for Industrially Contaminated Land in Europe
- Petroleum Environmental Research Forum
Other relevant studies